O God, come to my assistance! O Lord, make haste to help me!

O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will proclaim your praise.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

My First Yarn Along!

Hello again!  I am starting this blogging experience gently with a yarn-along, courtesy of Ginny's Small Things Blog.  She does a weekly Yarn Along, if you would like to join the party!

I have been reading much more lately with the rainy, muddy weather, and just being a homebody.  Last week, I finished Lois Lowry's Giver Quartet, and this week, I am reading Jennifer Fulweiler's Something Other Than God.  It is a page turner for me!  I especially appreciate all of her struggles with anxiety about death and mortality.  I am also reading a book by Robert Mackenzie called Setting Limits based on some rave reviews from personal friends.

I am studying Ephesians this week for my own personal spiritual development.  Just reading the first chapter this morning gave me hope, since God's plan for us is adoption and salvation.



I knitted a hat for my 7 year old son in his requested brown yarn in less than a day using a chain-ply technique, which I must highly recommend to finish projects more quickly.  I have cast on a modification of Mindy Wilkes's Holden Shawlette pattern in Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool.  It is soft, but not as stretchy as straight wool, so I am taking my time to make sure I don't make too many mistakes in the lace.  I have changed the pattern, so it takes a little extra concentration to keep everything straight in my head as well.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Yarn Along! I look forward to what you'll be reading and knitting!

    ReplyDelete